Interested in working for Aspyr?
Aspyr Media presents a unique opportunity to work on the biggest titles in the gaming
industry while delivering a work environment and job stability that's far better
than the norm.
Review our current openings and shoot us an email to let us know how you can help!
Aspyr does not conduct interviews via Google Hangouts.
At Aspyr, we believe great games have great communities. These are the most passionate, engaged fans out there,
and they demand engaging content, content that goes beyond traditional media outreach, content created specifically
for them. That’s where you come in.
The Community Manager will recruit, manage, and maintain our close relationships with broadcasters and creators
for all Aspyr games. You will find innovative ways to showcase Aspyr games within these groups, based on best
practices and new ideas. We’re a small, agile team, with the uncanny ability to execute marketing plans on the
fly. We move fast, and want a Community Manager who can keep up, and, when called upon, set the pace.
The successful candidate for this role will also be able to articulate community feedback to global game teams
to improve player experiences. This role will work closely with development studios and cross-functional teams
around the world to ensure a consistent, high-quality community experience, both inside and outside our games.
This is a highly visible and crucial communications role. You will represent not only Aspyr, but our partners
that vary from small, indie dev studios to publically-traded, Triple A publishing houses. It’s a big job is
all we’re saying.
The Community Manager owns 3 areas of responsibility:
Broadcaster + Creator Support
- Build close relationships between Aspyr and top influencers, elite fans, and users while maintaining a positive community reputation
- Devise Broadcaster and Creator campaigns leveraging our in-game and out of game audiences to bring visibility and opportunity to our Creator partners
- Advocate for Broadcaster and Creator needs within the broader Publishing team, including platform features as game integrations
- Identify opportunities for greater visibility for our games and products within the Broadcaster and Creator communities
- Manage Broadcaster and Creator budget and spends, understanding priority and impact
- Plan and schedule community activities and influencer events
- Regularly deliver Community reports on channel metrics, fan feedback, game issues, and service risks
Aspyr Community Management
- Represent the voice of the player within Aspyr, maintain a tight two-way dialogue between players, studios, and stakeholders.
- Understand and advocate for player needs within Aspyr and with our Developer partners by way of product recommendations
- Oversee the moderation of official channels such as the forums, social media, and/or websites
- Manage the live service escalation processes for communications with all game stakeholders
- Work closely with Customer Support and Publishing team on overall player experience, especially around key beats such as betas, early access, launch and live service updates
- Collect, collate and quantify community feedback by providing regular, timely, and professional reports on community trends/sentiment
- Develop an ongoing innovative community content pipeline for our games - with programs and strategies to increase reach of communication and community engagement
- Write blog articles/web articles with a focus on promoting our games, sales, and news
- Manage contests and promotions around game launches and sales
- Work with the Publishing team to plan and execute consumer and industry events
- Drive communications around game and live service issues: Bugs, Cheats, Outages and Support Issues
- Conduct surveys, research, and feedback from the community on issues significantly impacting their game experience
- Benchmark and monitor competitor and industry leaders in social media to apply best practices and improve the overall social media strategy
The desired skills for this position are:
- 5+ years working in online communities, social media, journalism, online marketing or equivalent
- Rolodex of contacts within the creator and broadcaster communities
- Deep familiarity with gaming platforms, communities and their services.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Communications, Marketing, Liberal Arts, Public Relations or related field
- Demonstrated writing, grammar skills (samples required)
- Demonstrated content-creation skills (samples required)
- Strong knowledge of best practices for operating social channels (Facebook, Twitter, Steam Forums, Reddit)
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated, driven, collaborative and strong problem solving skills. Must be able to keep focus on multiple tasks and effectively set priorities among projects
- Being comfortable working with the rhythms of fast paced game development processes
- Detailed oriented problem solver with ability to multi-task effectively
Nice to Haves
- Demonstrated success running cross departmental teams and programs
- Ability to produce and edit graphics and video content
- Knowledge of Aspyr Media catalog of games
- Significant Licensor, Live Service, or Operations experience a plus
- Team management is a plus
- Organization and Involvement with game related communities (developer meetups, guild leadership, cosplay, mod creation, etc.)
Send emails to:
Senior and Mid-Level Software Engineers
For over 16 years, Aspyr Media has worked on the biggest titles in the video game
industry. Our engineers have worked on Sid Meier's Civilization, Activision's
Call of Duty, Lucas's Star Wars, and directly with developers at both id Software
and Gearbox Software. We have an exciting roadmap over the next 24 months that
includes many unannounced titles.
We currently have openings for both a mid-level and senior software engineer in the
Austin area. While the process is fundamentally porting, the technical challenges
presented by bringing AAA games to OS X are not that much different than the
tasks of a systems engineer doing original development. In addition to porting,
Aspyr is developing both original iOS IP and iOS companion apps that integrate
with our desktop games.
Desired Skills & Experience
- A passion for quality
- Experience with OS X or iOS.
- Expert level understanding of C/C++
- Proven experience with large codebases
- 4+ years of programming experience in the game industry
- Experience with console hardware
- Graphics knowledge, especially OpenGL, Direct3D, HLSL, GLSL
Send emails to: