Interested in working for Aspyr?
Aspyr Media presents a unique opportunity to work on the biggest titles in the gaming
industry while delivering a work environment and job stability that's far better
than the norm.
Review our current openings and shoot us an email to let us know how you can help!
Director of Marketing
Aspyr Media | Austin, TX
Aspyr is a top publisher of video games and leader in the Austin gaming industry.
We seek a marketing rockstar to join our Publishing Team -- or, as we call it: "Team Awesome."
The Director of Marketing will help lead Marketing, PR, Brand and Product initiatives across the company.
This job is focused on understanding what makes our company and our games great, advocating for greatness
internally and externally, then finding ways to share that greatness with the world through PR and Marketing.
You will play a lead role throughout game development, translating key gaming messages into marketing
and exposure plans, and communicating plans to internal and external stakeholders. You will manage
all aspects of Aspyr brand and product marketing, engaging in the strategic and tactical planning for
the Aspyr brand and key games including relationships with PR, press, content creators and developers.
You will own the voice of Aspyr, helping us hone our message and priorities with all partners and departments.
We’re a small team and we all wear many hats, so that means we have a lot of freedom to do cool
and exciting things, but also take personal responsibility for seeing those ideas through.
More specifically, you will…:
- Oversee all marketing communications across product(s) through their entire life cycle from product development through post-launch
- Lead development of go-to-market strategy, execute integrated marketing plans, and define budgetary parameters
- Provide strategic and tactical direction for marketing and PR including planning, budgeting, and scheduling. Must be a hands-on leader.
- Define and execute the company’s overall brand strategy, positioning, and outbound marketing
- Devise and drive the marketing and PR strategy for multiple games, ensuring they deliver against the brand vision and business goals
- Help prioritize marketing spend for our products worldwide and ensure the optimal allocation of resources per project and territory
- Establish and actively use KPIs to help the publishing team effectively prioritize marketing spend decisions
- Provide frequent reports and analysis of game and business performance to various internal stakeholders
- Manage and direct the cross-functional collaboration between internal and external teams
- A gamer
- Gaming industry veteran with game promotion experience
- Have successfully managed marketing across a portfolio of products globally
- Are capable of devising cutting-edge marketing strategies backed up by insightful market and player analysis
- Know how to maximize budgets and know how to work with product teams to ensure they make tough trade-offs to maximize
the overall player     experience
- Great at tracking KPIs across multiple games and understand how to interpret information and devise a solid set of appropriate actions
- Look for ways to learn and improve but don’t miss deadlines despite managing large and often very complex projects
- Build long-term relationships with key stakeholders and possess excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with working with and directing creative and media agencies.
- A very strong communicator, be it written, oral or via presentation
- High familiarity of cultural marketing trends in creative, media, digital and social.
- Proven ability to strategically plan, create and implement marketing plans and brand creative briefs.
- Ability to lead teams to achieve brand goals and objectives.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality with privileged information, work well with others and handle a high-pressure environment.
- Must be able to build and maintain effective working relationships with department and other functional divisions.
- Must be able to collaborate with multiple business owners and external partners
- 8+ years in game industry marketing or PR
- B.A./B.S. degree from a 4 year university, MBA preferred
- Experience shipping products and/or ushering clients through product and platform launches
- Experience partnering with and managing outside vendors
- Solid professional network and track record in interactive entertainment
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced start-up, juggling projects and developers
- Games editorial experience is a plus
Send emails to:
Senior and Mid-Level Software Engineers
For over 16 years, Aspyr Media has worked on the biggest titles in the video game
industry. Our engineers have worked on Sid Meier's Civilization, Activision's
Call of Duty, Lucas's Star Wars, and directly with developers at both id Software
and Gearbox Software. We have an exciting roadmap over the next 24 months that
includes many unannounced titles.
We currently have openings for both a mid-level and senior software engineer in the
Austin area. While the process is fundamentally porting, the technical challenges
presented by bringing AAA games to OS X are not that much different than the
tasks of a systems engineer doing original development. In addition to porting,
Aspyr is developing both original iOS IP and iOS companion apps that integrate
with our desktop games.
Desired Skills & Experience
- A passion for quality
- Experience with OS X or iOS.
- Expert level understanding of C/C++
- Proven experience with large codebases
- 4+ years of programming experience in the game industry
- Experience with console hardware
- Graphics knowledge, especially OpenGL, Direct3D, HLSL, GLSL
Send emails to: