Terrific news for our Civ V fans who have been waiting to decimate their PC friends: the latest patch (22.214.171.1241) has been released, bringing the Mac version back in sync with the PC version. This means that cross-platform multiplayer is active once again!
Additionally, the patch brings a host of other fixes and balancing tweaks. The full patch notes can be found below.
The patch is now available for both the Steam version of Civilization V and the Mac App version Civilization V: Campaign Edition.
The patch will automatically download and install the next time Civ V is launched, so initiate an attack on your PC counterparts today!
126.96.36.1991 Patch Notes
- Fixed unit icons and borders turning black while in strategic mode for nVidia graphic cards.
- Civilizations’ having the incorrect architecture has been resolved.
- Implemented change to improve stability on the HD 3000 GPU.
- Significant improvements to general multiplayer stability.
- Significant improvements to Hot-Join stability.
- Multiplayer now using the same AI move caching as single player, improving turn-times significantly.
- Lobby improvements: We now display game details in the lobby list (players in each game, map size, map type, DLC required, etc.)
- Host can now kick players from the staging room when loading a save (if a player cannot return to a game, the game can now be continued by the rest of the players.)
- Found and corrected additional causes of Out-of-Sync.
- Exploit: Corrected an exploit that allowed players on the same team to trade cities back and forth to auto-heal it.
- Exploit: Corrected an exploit that allowed players on the same team to trade cities back and forth to generate endless City Strikes.
- Exploit: Corrected an exploit that allowed a player to “lag” the UI to gain multiple free techs.
- Change “Load Game” save sorting to be “Last Modified” by default.
- When scrapping a unit, make sure any “cargo” units are scrapped as well.
- When a unit is destroyed that is carrying another unit, make sure to kill both (missiles sometimes lingered).
- Corrected a bug that was causing eliminated Civ’s to not generate notifications correctly.
- Changed notification language for when a Research or Trade deal is cancelled due to the AI running out of funds to pay for it (per-turn deal), or are eliminated. It was currently displaying a “because of war” notification when is incorrect.
- Corrected an issue that could cause unhappiness from city count and number of specialists to become incorrect over the course of a long game.
- Changed Frigate obsolete tech to Combustion.
- Fixed Korean science building exploit.
- Fixed a problem with City Strike that game the user the impression that they could not end their turn, when in reality city strike was still active.
- Crash: Fixed a crash that could occur in hot-seat when exiting to the main menu.
- Crash: Fixed a crash that could occur when a unit was eliminated by standing too close to a Citadel.
BACK TO MAIN NEWS PAGE