The latest Civilization V patch (220.127.116.115) has been released for the Mac version of Civilization V on Steam and Civilization V: Campaign Edition on the Mac App Store. This brings the Mac version back on the same level of the PC, enabling cross-platform multiplayer once again.
The full patch notes are below.
- Added support for new Retina display.
- Addressed issue where ‘Trading Post’ 3D graphic was displaying old graphic.
- Also includes issues addressed within the PC hotfix:
- Older saves with DLC leaders (including Genghis) will no longer "shift" when loaded into the patched game.
- If a user does not have a religion, and receives a religion from another Civ, setting the "automated faith purchase" option could previously cause a crash when the purchase tries to fire for either the player, or the AI.
- Fixed an issue where a user could click on a city banner during the AI turn, and the game could crash depending what AI process is happening at the time of the "click".
- Into the Renaissance
- If an AI player has open borders and a friendly relationship with another Civ, they would sometimes send a Great Admiral to park in their city. If the city tries to purchase a civilian unit while the Great Admiral is parked there, the game could crash. This is corrected.
- Scenario hang
- There was a chance that when you won a scenario, the game could hang. This has been corrected
- Game Hang on turn 0
- After patching, many have reported being unable to interact with units or end the first turn. This is now corrected.
- Game could previously hang on "Unit Needs Orders" after the player clicks next turn. This has been corrected, and the camera snap has been fixed.
- A crash that could occur in Hot Seat if the game core threading had been disabled is fixed.
- Fall of Rome Scenario
- Golden Ages were switched to providing bonus culture earlier in project. We've removed the culture bonus from Golden Ages for the scenario.
- Open Borders that do not exist
- If the AI is trying to renew an open borders agreement, but has something more important to talk about in the queue, the system would still record the Open Borders agreement as being active (even though it is not actually in place). This has been corrected.
- Military Caste (+2 culture from garrison) was not working correctly. Whenever a civilian unit embarks, bulbs, or is deleted, it subtracted 2 culture, and kept adding up each time this happened, leaving the city at permanent negative culture. This has been corrected.
- The "Peace Loving" belief was not functioning. This has been corrected.
- When cities bombard attacking units, death animations would now play correctly.
For additional info on the patch, please contact Aspyr Support.
BACK TO MAIN NEWS PAGE